The Basics Of Solar
All too often in today’s world of solar, tech-talk gets consistently dressed up as quality, and this can create confusion.
In a nutshell, here’s a simple summary of how solar power systems work:
- A solar power system consists of solar panels known as Photovoltaic panels (PV panels) and an inverter. The number of solar panels your system requires will depend on the total energy you expect your solar system to generate.
- The PV panels installed on your roof convert the sun’s energy into DC (Direct Current) electricity.
- The inverter plays a very important role in your system operation, and converts the DC electricity produced by the solar panels into AC (Alternating Current) electricity, required for 240V household use.
- The solar power system operates any time the sun is shining (even on cloudy days), and can power your entire home if large enough.
- A grid-connect solar system redirects any excess power your system generates back into the electricity grid when solar energy production exceeds your household use. This allows you to earn money from your solar power system and you have to love that!